Summer Vacation
ExplorationsOver the weekend I had a chance to explore San Francisco on my own on Saturday. On Sunday I took a drive around and explore the beaches on the way back towards Santa Cruz. I had a great time! The Richard Avedon show at SFMOMA is wonderful. I have to say that I really enjoy the scale and collection of this museum. It is all very smart, and they have some great art. (Still missing the scale of NYC art museums, but hey we're spoiled.)
On Sunday I had some time to take a really lovely drive through the Santa Cruz mountains and
then down into Pescadero for a snack of artichoke/garlic bread and cheese before heading to the beach. I decided to stop at lots of spots along the way south to Santa Cruz. One of the first memorable spots was Pebble Beach. Here I discovered a new term Tafoni. Tafoni is a kind of rock that has is a mixture of silt or mudstone with pebbles mixed in. As the rock is exposed to the salt water and erosion the pebbles sort of fall out of the substrate to create are really unusual patterning.
Farther along I discovered an a really wonderful beach that was a wonderful place to enjoy the surf, the cliffs, and the inspiring sand cresent. There were so few people on the beach that it really felt like I had the place to myself. I can't wait to share my finds with Arch and Nye! Guess I'm looking forward to the company of my guys and going to explore as a family!
xo,
Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment